Currently, Nicolas is Chief Compliance Officer at East-West United Bank in Luxembourg, designing and promoting the Compliance controls within the EWUB according to Governance requirements including:
- Compliance reporting to Management and Board of Directors
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer and single point of contact for Compliance matter for Luxembourg Regulator, and Financial Authorities
- AML/KYC and other Compliance related controls and procedures design, review and fine-tuning
- Sanctions analysis and controls
- Tax Fraud Due Diligence
- Data confidentiality and Banking Secrecy issues
- Code of Conduct, conflict of interest and whistleblowing
- Design and review Compliance policies and procedures
- Design and facilitation of regular Compliance trainings for staff
- KYC documentation and account opening files review
- Transaction monitoring
- Regulatory reporting project ownership and coordination (CRS, DAC6, etc.)
- Investigations into suspected money laundering cases
Nicolas previously worked at Deloitte Luxembourg as Senior Manager in the Forensic and Anti-Money Laundering Practice, and PwC Luxembourg in Audit of Private Banks and various assignments regarding AML services where he was gained substantial knowledge and understanding of offshore structures and special purpose vehicles.
During his previous experience, he also got the opportunity to spend two years in Singapore where he was involved in a large scale project of KYC remediation for a major Japanese Private Bank.